Takin' It One Day At A Time

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fashionably Late

I'm back! Sorry it took me so long to get here. I have a lot to fill everyone in on, so be prepared for lots of posts...

G lost his first soccer game this past Saturday. It was to the "red team". For those of you who do not know who the "red team" is, they are our evil competitors. This team had a beat the Ninja Turtle (our old team name) party last season before our game. We had been defeated 3 years in a row and they were hoping to stop that streak. Luckily they didn't then, but this time it happened. We got put on a new team this year, because our old coach decided to put her kid in football. So, we went into a draw and ended up on the Blazers. Four of the Ninja Turtles actually are on this team too which is great. I spoke to the coach about the rivalry we had with the "red team" and tried to explain how important this game was to us. I thought he understood until the 3rd quarter came and he put in all our worst players. Now, I know these kids are only 6 years old, but this is a competitive sport. You cannot put in 6 players who do nothing but watch the ball go by and WALK the whole time. Unfortunately this is when the "red team" made all their goals. When the 4th quarter came all our good players went in and tried their hardest to catch up. G actually made the tying goal, but soon the "red team" made one last one and that was the end of the game. I was upset. G was too, but not as much as me. I hate to admit this, but I cried. I am extremely competitive and to me we could have lost to anyone but the "red team". I guess we had to lose eventually... :(

4 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, October 01, 2006, Blogger Tracy said…

    I'm soooo glad you are back. Where's Roary ??

     
  • At 5:42 PM, October 01, 2006, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    Welcome back :)

     
  • At 7:28 PM, October 01, 2006, Blogger Isabel said…

    Welcome back. :)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, October 02, 2006, Blogger Rowena said…

    WELCOME BACK sweetie! I'm so glad you're back. I'd miss you too much if you were to leave! ;)

    And girl I feel you on the whole competitiveness (is that how you spell it? *shrugs*), because I'm the same way...I'm sorry you guys lost though to the "red team", grrrr...if I was there with you, I probably would have cried too! I wanted to cry this weekend when my team lost too, I'm the coach and I played the girls the way I wanted so that I'd always have one of my better players in to defend our goal and there was only so much she could do if the others wouldn't do their part, so we lost 3-1...it sucked big monkey balls!

    *sigh*

    Better luck next time sweetie, I'll be rootin' little G on from Cali, alrighty?

    Hugs,
    Dee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home