Takin' It One Day At A Time

Monday, October 02, 2006

I Have A Goal

I decided last Monday on a complete whim to join a gym I used to go to. Back in 2001 I was here in Texas visiting family and helping to take care of my sick Pawpaw when I joined for three months. G was only 1 then so I had quite a bit of baby weight to lose. They had a class called Bootcamp that totally kicked my butt and whipped me right back into pre-baby shape. So, that is why I joined up, but this time for 2 years. Yes, 2 years. I figured that if I commit myself to paying money every month that I will go. So far I have and I am very proud of myself. Today was the best workout so far. I walked and ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes and did weights... light weights (don't want to gain, want to lose). My goal is to lose 20 pounds by Christmas. I have also been very good with what I eat. Once you do it for a couple of days you get used to it and don't crave the good stuff anymore. And, I'm not feeling as tired as I used to. Wish me luck and don't let me slack!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, October 03, 2006, Blogger Isabel said…

    Good luck! I love walking. Used to walk all the time after dinner. But hubby hates it and I don't like walking by myself.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I'm going to join so I can work out with you. Just like old times.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, October 03, 2006, Blogger Rowena said…

    Oh sweetie, good luck! I hope you achieve your goals, I need to get myself to a gym too, but soccer practice, all the running with the girls is taking all of my time right now, but hopefully soon I'll get into working out again!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Luck on that! I need to start walking. Since the park is a block away!lol

     
  • At 2:34 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sigi!! Happy Birthday!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    Good luck, Girl! I love going to the gym and working out. Once you get into a routine, it becomes such a big part of your life. Have fun!!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Nicole said…

    Hey I'm with you girl! I have a month to month membership with my gym, but I won't cancel ever cause I know I'd want to rejoin and not want to pay the initiation (sp?) fee. So I just posted about a deal I made with my husband to get me to go everyday. We have a Vegas vacation coming up. Woo hooo. I only have a month till then so my goal is at least 10 pounds. If I can manage more great but if not I'm cool with that. But 20 by Christmas, sounds like a plan. I'm with you.....

     
  • At 8:40 AM, October 08, 2006, Blogger Tracy said…

    I've got to start doing something too....since I have started working at home, I have lost a lot of energy. I've always needed to loose the weight and working at home does help with the eating but I still need to get my exercise on.....maybe I'll let you inspire me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home