Takin' It One Day At A Time

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Hunka Hunka Burnin Love

What an eventful Saturday afternoon we had! We woke up to pouring down rain, but that didn't stop us. Burleson was having their 125th Founders Day Celebration and we had planned all week to go. They had rides, old west shootem ups, and lots of booths to buy things or just stop and chat with the local police and fire departments. G really liked the police booth. They had SWAT uniforms for the kids to dress up in and take their picture. Once I scan G's picture I will put it on here. He looks so tough! I think now he wants to do that when he grows up.

And now for the best part... there was an Elvis impersonator. That's right folks... ELVIS! We didn't get to stay long because G had a soccer game, but we actually got to hear about 6 songs. He was really good. He sounded just like him. He could have worked on the look a bit more, but his voice and moves were right on. It was a lot of fun.

Next we headed to G's soccer game (it was cold and rainy). Something told me we shouldn't have stayed out in the bad weather so long, because G ended up getting sick. He felt fine during the game, but on the way home he started feeling bad. I took his temperature and sure enough he had a 102 temperature. Poor little guy! Apparently strep is going around. So, we stayed home the rest of the day and watched movies. I'll give my creepy movie review soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, October 16, 2006, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    The Founders Day Celebration sounds like fun :) Too bad G got sick :(

     
  • At 12:05 PM, October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He didn't look like he was feeling good at the end of the game. Founders Day was a lot fun. Thanks for meeting us there.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope Gabriel is all better by the weekend. Macy is looking forward to seeing him at the costume party.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, October 17, 2006, Blogger Tracy said…

    Poor Gabriel.....feel better. I love ELVIS....I used to have an Elvis bathroom in an appartment a long time ago. And, I always say that my brother is Elvis reincarnated because he was born EXACTLY one month after his [supposed] death.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home