Takin' It One Day At A Time

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cub Scouts Rock!!!

I've been so busy lately I keep forgetting all the things I want to post about. This past week Burleson had their Homecoming Parade. G was excited because he got to be in it. The Cub Scouts had their own "float", an orange trailer pulled by a big blue pickup truck. We all got there early to help decorate and it turned out really cute. Since Alberto signed up to be a leader when we signed G up he got to be in the parade too (he rode in the truck with another leader though). The boys all had a great time throwing candy to all the onlookers and seeing their friends from school. All G's friends kept yelling "Cub Scouts Rock" as the float went by. It made him feel really good.

We've been doing Cub Scouts now for about 3 months and I have to admit at first I was apprehensive. But, things have been going well. G seems to be having fun and Alberto likes helping out. We've made some great friends and have gotten to do some cool things. (Oh, and our digital camera got dropped by me one too many times and now has decided not to work. As soon as we either fix it or buy a new one I will be posting pictures).

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home