Takin' It One Day At A Time

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, it looks like I'm cooking again this year. For the past three years I have cooked Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I've never seen myself as the cooking type, but over the years I've become pretty good at it. Better than the rest of the women in my family at least. None of them are that great at it. I've kinda just taught myself and did some swapping of recipes with friends. This year I am cooking the turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, a corn bread and corn bake, and two pumpkin cheesecakes (my FAVORITE). My mom is bringing the olives, rolls, deviled eggs, etc. All the easy stuff basically. I think we're going to have a good time. Some friends are going to be coming over after they have dinner with their families and then a night of karaoke and Texas Hold'em will begin. Thank God I'm off on Friday! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Gobble, gobble.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home