Takin' It One Day At A Time

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Strep X Two :(

This week so far has not started off good at all. Sunday, Gabriel starts complaining of a sore throat, starts throwing up, and has a fever. By Monday morning it has gotten worse so I take him to the doctor first thing. Of course the doctor says he has strep again (he just had it last month too) and he can't go to school and someone really needs to keep a constant eye on him. I figured this because of him throwing up so much. So, I call in to work so I can stay home with him and be by his side constantly. The doctor also gave me a referral to a Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor to see about getting his tonsils out since he's had strep three times in the last couple of months. Poor Gabriel... I feel so bad for him. He can never be just a little sick. Either he's perfectly well or REALLY feeling bad.

By Monday early evening my throat starts to hurt pretty bad. I take an extra large dose of Nyquil hoping it will knock it out and go to bed. I hardly slept at all. It hurt to breathe, talk, swallow, and even to move. I knew I had it. So, I call in to work again because I feel TERRIBLE. I feel bad because I know I'm causing other people more work, plus I'm going to be so behind when I get back. I guess it's like Alberto said to me - "you need to only worry about yourself, especially when your health is involved. Plus no one there wants to get sick." I went to the doctor at 1 and sure enough she says I have strep. She didn't even have to swab my throat it looked so bad. She then explains I am contagious for the next 24 hours after starting my medicine. The only question is... Do I stay home tomorrow for the sake of work or go in to work and risk everyone else catching this?

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home