Takin' It One Day At A Time

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Karaoke Queen

Thanks to Taryn and Kevin for bringing over their karaoke machine Thanksgiving night! Now I am addicted. I think we sang for 4 hours. Of course I know that I can't sing, but I do have rhythm and can at least harmonize (I think). The guys may beg to differ though. Taryn and I found some songs we are really great at singing together and have a plan to go out in a couple of weeks to show our stuff! The guys caught a lot of our singing on video, so be looking out for us on YouTube. We're gonna be stars! Gabriel even surprised the heck out of me by performing Headstrong by Trapt. This has been his favorite song since he was 3 years old. He normally is kind of a shy kid, but this opened him up. He grabbed the microphone and started belting it out. Now I'm calling him "Mommy's Little Rock Star"! I've definitely got to get him on YouTube. And the most romantic part of the evening was when Alberto sang me Hero by Enrique Iglesias. I LOVE that song. It has so much meaning and feeling. He actually sang it with the Spanish accent (so sexy). Talk about melting my heart!

Our Thanksgiving lunch went really well. I have such a small family it was only a few of us. My turkey etc. came out fantastic. My family still can't believe I know how to cook so good! I guess I'm just a natural. Maybe one day I will open up my own catering business. That would be fun!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enrique is amazing

     
  • At 1:30 PM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    According to my site meter the above comment was left by someone in Sri Lanka. Man, I'm popular all around the world!!!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Digital Fortress said…

    You finally got your wish and I sang you that song seriously instead of joking around. I hope your happy LOL! Thanks for cooking up a delicious Thanksgiving meal Beauty! I love you!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've read this story somewhere before...hehehehe...Happy Thanksgiving sounds like you all had a great time!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, November 26, 2006, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    My sister and her husband have a karaoke machine. They have great fun with it. Plus they go to karaoke bars. I don't know any here in Toronto. I'd be too shy to do it anyway.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, November 27, 2006, Blogger Isabel said…

    awww, how sweet of Alberto. I like watching people sing, but I couldn't get up and do it myself. lol. You don't want me to.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys are such a great couple, so in love. ;)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww! That sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Alberto loves you so much! Next time the karaoke machine is in town I am so there girl!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Nicole said…

    Oh I love that Hero song too. That is so cute that he sung it to you. Awww. And yeah, I tried that singing thing once and never again, it was SCURRY! lol.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, December 07, 2006, Blogger Rowena said…

    Awwwww....Alberto is the bomb! Between him and Joey, I'm uber jealous of you and Izzy....lucky girls! ;)

    ...and I love Headstrong, how cute that Gabriel sang it, I love Karaoke! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home