Takin' It One Day At A Time

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Best Company Christmas Party EVER!

I have to say I was completely surprised at my company Christmas party. It was SO much fun! Of course, there were your normal stick in the muds, but it's all about how you make it. Our table was the loudest, most fun, cheering, hootin' and hollerin' bunch there. We obviously know how to have a good time. So, for those of you who don't know about the prizes that were given away, here is a list.
Grand Prizes
1. An all expense paid trip to Vegas!
2. 2 American Airline Tickets anywhere in the US and Canada.
3. A 32 inch FlatScreen TV.
Misc. Prizes
1. Tons and tons of gift cards (Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, Restaurants.
2. Digital Camera.
3. X-Box 360 Bundle Pack.
4. Portable DVD Player.
5. 2 Video IPODS.
The prizes, as you can see, were awesome. Unfortunately I didn't win any of them. Oh well, maybe next time.
But, for the greatest part of all...
Yvonne and I WON the Karaoke contest!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we WON! We sang Eve and Gwen's Let Me Blow Ya' Mind. We practiced the night before at Taryn's house probably ten times, but never really got it down. We were both nervous going into it, but we rocked it! We both surprised the heck out of ourselves. Some of the other songs we were up against were Brick House, Word Up, Higher by Creed, the Grease duet, and a Selena song. My department even did a rendition of We Will Rock You, but it seems like I was the only one singing. Figures! At least everyone came up there though.
I have to send a shout out to Taryn and Kevin for letting us practice at there house and letting us borrow the karaoke CD (the DJ didn't have the song). Also, Taryn, you are such a cool friend and I want to say THANK YOU for introducing us to karaoke and being so proud of us for winning. We couldn't wait to call you! We owe this partially to you. I love ya', girl!!!
And to Yvonne... I couldn't have had a better duet partner! Now we need to find some more karaoke contests to enter! All I have to say about our $200 gift card is... BINGO!!!!!
All in all the night was fantastic! Who would have guessed?

Now check out some of the pics from the night...

Alberto and I (aren't we cute?)

Yvonne and I holding up our $200 gift card, baby!

My department (Purchasing), minus Gary, but plus his wife Jean, dancing to YMCA!

Me breakin' it down like Gwen!

Yvonne gettin' her attitude on like E.V.E! You go girlfriend!

The End.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, December 10, 2006, Blogger Taryn said…

    I love your pics, they are so good!! I am so glad yall won the Karaoke Contest! I had such a good time just watching yall practice! I can't wait until we can all get together again.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, December 10, 2006, Blogger Digital Fortress said…

    I'm so proud of you beauty for getting up there a singing in front of all those people! I knew you would win and you didn't disappoint as usual. I had a good time meeting the folks you work with. It’s too bad that X-box 360 and the flat-screen television couldn’t come home with us though. ;)

     
  • At 8:09 AM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Nicole said…

    You two are so cute! And I love pics, thanks for posting. I'm getting a ton on your party I was just at your hubbys page reading about you and how proud he was for you winning. Awww.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Isabel said…

    I love the pictures you posted. Our office parties are lame. the prizes are candy, $10 gift cards. Which is better than nothing. Hell, we don't even go out. It's an hour long "meeting" where we just eat.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Tracy said…

    Love, love, love the pics. The party sounds like a blast.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    You two look sooooooo cute!!!

    Congrats on winning karaoke! My sister and bro-in-law are big time karaoke-ers (is there such a word??!!) but I'm too shy.

    You guys had some major prizes ... too bad you didn't win. But it sounds like you had a good time :)

     
  • At 10:08 AM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are too cute! I wish I would have gotten to go to your party. Ours sucked.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my God! I missed this? LOL!

     
  • At 12:58 AM, December 14, 2006, Blogger Nicole said…

    I tagged you go see.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home